Sweater: Forever 21 (similar on sale, similar splurge); Skirt: Lilies Boutique (similar save, similar spend); Tights: Gap; Heels: c/o Lulu*s; Bracelet: Macy's
I have been such a downer lately. While I think it's important to share the real-life stuff that I'm going through, I think it's also important to take a break from the gloom to be thankful and look forward. The ubiquitous "they" always say that just by smiling you'll feel happier. So today, care of some pretty Christmas carols playing in the background, I'm reflecting on things that make me happy this time of year.
1. The entire Christmas season just about covers it. What is it about early darkness, lit up city trees, decorated storefronts, and warm lattes in your hand? There's nothing more magical than this chilliest of seasons and all its lit-up, ornamented, wrapped present glory.
2. Buying presents for family and friends. I'm flat out obsessed with picking out gifts. It consumes me for a couple of months and I relish storing them until December and wrapping them all slowly, watching the tree fill up with boxes of various sizes.
3. I love the late sunrises and the chill in the air that you can feel deep down in your bones. Growing up without a real winter makes me absolutely appreciate the changing temperatures. I just read that we might have a snowier winter than years prior here (usually get no snow at all, so snowier might mean flakes) and am so excited! I know that you all in crazy climates are bored of snow, but it's still an insanely magical event to me.
4. Wearing sparkly outfits! There's no better time than to wear sparkles and sequins and glitter and pretty pale pinks and fuzzy coats. You can get away with so much more that's outlandish in the winter - faux fur snoods and leather and feathery minis. Holiday parties and meals out make the perfect occasion.
5. Love. This season is the most romantic of the seasons. Holding hands in the cold. Drinking warm hot chocolates in the city. Traveling to see family and friends. Opening gifts from a loved one. There's a lot to do with loved ones and significant others this time of year that makes you cherish every moment with them.
What do you love most about the season?